Thursday, June 18, 2009

She, I, Us, We=Revealing and trying understand her counterpart, Brothers!!!


I just got off the phone with one of my close friends and we were just talking about "THE" most hot topic known to the modern woman, Yes!! you are right we were talking about the opposite gender. See I know some may feel this topic is played or some just front as though they don't think about it, but c'mon lets be real for a minute, if you are a single Muslim woman in the west you are wondering like so many sisters, "what the hell is wrong with me? or better what the heck is going on, why can't I just find that right person?" Like so many sisters, there are times when all I think about in a sitting is wow, am I ever going to find that right one or is it really that wrong to talk to him, he is interested in Islam. Is it me or does it seem like all the eligible, brothers who have substance, integrity, and seriousness of finding their spiritual partner some how always end up being none Muslim or have barley hit puberty. Like so many sisters I have no problem finding a non Muslim brother, they some how just find me and lets not just dismiss them, some of these brother are AMAZING yes all CAPS, I have meet brothers who are like minded in so many ways, spiritual, educated, and don't want to be another statistic but want to do great things with their life and leave their stamp on this world but then it always comes down to, I really like you, you are wow there aren’t even words to explain it, I am attracted to you but see your spirit may be aligned with mine but I am looking for that person who is not in the present but in the future as well; see when I lay my head down on my pillow at night see I want to open my eyes and stare at you and see my next life as well; see when I wake up for fajr I don’t want to turn around seeing you laying down I want to see you desiring that same spiritual thirst of conversing with God; see when I have no more debt and mentally, physically, and spiritually ready I want to be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with you and experience tears rushing down our cheeks when our eyes both behold the magnificence of the Kabbah built by Abraham; see when I am feeling confusion and doubt I want you to understand where I am coming from and be at the same mindset of seeking out that spiritual thirst; see when it is time for me to embrace my motherhood and when our baby takes his/her first breath you are right there to whisper lovingly “There is no God but Allah”; see you may be amazing but for me I am looking for a spiritual companion who is neither in this life or the next but on a tranquil voyage searching for absolute serenity. ...

But you know what she is tired of having to repeat this script.

She is tired of floating in time wondering when will it be her time, she is tired of sounding like a broken record player saying it is naseeb, she is tired of going to weddings like a professional wedding hoper, she is tired of seeing her sisters hearts be broken and lying to them and telling them it will be okay,she is tired of talking to brothers who have no intention of marrying her, she is tired of telling him to stand up to his parents, she is tired of being played, she is tired of being told she is intimidating, she is tired of her parents asking her when she is going to get married, she is tired of thinking something is wrong with her, she is tired of telling her he needs to work on self, she is tired of being strong, she is tired of being too ambitious, she is tired of crying, she is tired of being indignant, she is tired of making excuses for him, she is tired of settling, she is tired of being friends and hoping for something more, she is tired of wishing why couldn’t he just be Muslims, she is tired of not voicing her fears and insecurities, she is tired of your sweet lines you stole from common-blackstar- and Goodie Mob, she is tired of being preyed on, she is tired of begging, she is tired of men loving her free spirit but wanting her to conform once they have jumped the broom, she is tired of being from a “different” ethnicity, she is tried of being mis-interpreted, she is tired of being told she is too picky, she is tired of wanting something amazing, she is tired of trying to find the love of her life, SEE SHE IS TIRED OF BEING TIRED...

She and I are one, see we as sisters have this metamorphic bond of being connected, making I become we, her becoming me, she becoming us. She is not trying to be disrespectful to brothers but she is trying to understand their being so she expresses who she is and reveals her innermost thoughts and emotions. She,us, and I have the same story, the same mind , the same thoughts, but he is somewhere in a different time. She is wondering does he think like she does, does he want what she wants, how do they get on at least the same page? She is unable to provide answers but she is eagerly willing and waiting to listen to him and decipher what his essence is....It has been 25 years waiting for the answer but she is patient, steadfast, and has become accustomed to struggle, that’s why they call her, I, you, us a Mujahida!!!

1 comment:

Jamey Scott Breinberg said...

did not realize you were such an amazing writer. i've known you're an amazing person already. i feel you totally. brothers really trip!

Innocence in the Making

Innocence in the Making